Monday, August 11, 2014

NEVER ME BY KATE STEWART





nmbanner.jpg
I was a thief of men…a whore.

Not the conventional type that got paid for sex. I was the girl you talked about in your sad inner circle. The girl you shielded your boyfriend from as you cleverly covered him with your body when I came near.

I was a threat to you.

Keeping him safe in your grasp was smart.

One week...one incredible week was all it took to forever change me.

I was NEVER going to be you … until I met HIM.



BUY LINKS:





never me.jpg 





Never and forever are both infinite words; alternate in meaning and both just as meaningful.
How genius is that? And this quote pretty much sums up the book... so there is my review! HAHA.. I kid I kid.
“Never me.”
Nadine will never love and she will never marry. She will never risk her heart enough for it to be broken. So far it has worked out for her pretty well. She is a self-proclaimed whore who uses men to feed her addiction. Nadine is addicted to lust… to the thrill of attaining the unattainable.
I wanted what wasn’t mine. No, I wanted to borrow what wasn’t mine. I gave him back to you and you were never the wiser. I was that whore.
The love of Nadine’s life is her best friend, Rory. Rory is a stripper. What better pair than a whore and a stripper… kind of comical right? They are ADORABLE. They are funny and loyal and I totally fell in love with their friendship. They are so brutally honest with one another and it is refreshing.
“I hate women, Rory, I do. It’s like I know what they’re thinking when they look at me.”

“Um, Nadine, maybe because you screw their boyfriends when they turn their head… idiot.”
Nadine comes into some money and takes her BFF along on a road trip. The girls head to the coast and end up meeting another group of friends who are also vacationing. They hit it off right away. Suddenly their party of 2 is now a party of 6! It is not often I connect to ALL of the secondary characters, but I truly loved this group. 

Among their group of new found friends is Spencer. Holy WOW! The angst between Spence and Nadine is fierce. They are hot and cold and most of the cold is totally Nadine’s doing. She is not one for relationships and fights her attraction to Spence at every turn. He works hard to break down her walls. Spencer refuses to be just another notch in Nadine’s bedpost.
“I’m going to hold your hand now, Nadine, and you’re going to let me…”

“I told you, Spencer, I don’t need that stuff.” “Well I do.”
*sniff* Nadine is a hard nut to crack and meets her match with Spencer. Our stubborn girl ends up getting her heart broken.
“I’m not the guy who gets you, Nadine… I’m not the one. As much as I want to be, I am not the guy who gets you…”

“So this isn’t love?” I croaked…

“I don’t know. For me maybe, for you I think it’s trust.”

“Trust?”… Trust can’t hurt this much.
WAHHHH!!!! I thought I had some idea of what to expect after reading the prologue, which by the way is BRILLIANT, but I had no freaking clue. I didn’t expect the depth or the emotional roller coaster that Never Me turned out to be. I was up and down… I laughed and I cried. I was seriously blown away. Never Me will take you on an adventure. You will fall in love with these characters and want to be their best friend. Just when you think you know where it is going, you are thrown a curve ball. I was anxious and heartbroken and so completely in love. 

Kate is an amazing author. I think I highlighted half of this book. It is always exciting to find an author who is BOTH a great writer and storyteller. Connections are such a big part of the reading experience and I truly connect with her stories. If you have not read a Kate Stewart book yet, one-click this biotch and get to reading!








stewart.jpg
Author Bio:
Kate Stewart, a native of Dallas, now resides in Charleston, S.C. She moved to the city three weeks after her first visit, dropping her career of 8 years, declaring the city her creative muse. Since her move she has written several books including TITAN, currently unpublished, Room 212 and Never Me which is set to publish July 2014. She lives with her husband of seven years, Nick.

Author Link:

No comments:

Post a Comment