Saturday, August 24, 2013

Wethering The Storm by Samantha Towle




Synopsis:

 Music journalist Tru Bennett has done the impossible: capture the heart of rock-star bad boy Jake Wethers. Now they’re busy planning a wedding and navigating their new life together in the US. Of course Tru misses London and her best friend, Simone, but living happily ever after with Jake in LA is going to be great…right?

Wrong. Even the bright California sun can’t whitewash the dark side of celebrity coupledom. Greedy music execs, merciless paparazzi, and Jake’s wild past are lurking around every corner. Making matters worse, Jake announces he doesn’t want kids, which just may be a deal breaker.

Tru loves Jake more than anything. But when a devastating crisis threatens to destroy everything they’ve fought for, the couple must face the hard truth: What if, this time, love is not enough?


Buy on Amazon! 



Review
5 HOT sexy SMOOCHES!!!




Wethering The Storm is the second book in a series.  The first book is The Mighty Storm.  You should read The Mighty Storm first.  See our review here: 
The Mighty Storm Review 

Sooooo, I LOVED Wethering The Storm. Dare I say MORE than The Mighty Storm! It is not often that subsequent books live up to the first, so job well done Samantha Towle! I want to give this book a long and beautiful review, but I cannot figure out how to do that without spoiling the book. Here's what I can give you!

Tru and Jake are hilarious!

"You're incredibly hard to write about, you know."
"But incredibly easy to love."
"Well, yeah, but that's only because you have a big willy," I joke.
"Cock, baby. Call it a cock, or a dick. I'll even swing for snake. But not willy. Willy just sounds wrong on so many levels"

"I love you. Jake Wethers, you are the sweetest man I've ever known."
"I don't want to be sweet," I groan. "I want to be hard and hot."
"Oh, you're definitely those too."

"How exactly will Stuart know about obstetricians? He might be gay but he hasn't magicked up a vagina overnight that I know of."


Tom is still... well.. Tom!  He's a nut and so much fun!

"I hate to break up this reunion of beauties," comes Stuart's voice from behind me, "but I need a quickie with the hostess."
"Cock not your thing anymore?" Tom says, grinning.

"My dick has magical powers."
Maybe you should get 'Rub the Lamp' tattooed above your dick." Denny grins..."
Tom's face lights up.
I've seen that look before. The last time Tom looked like that, I ended up in bed with three strippers.
"I was kidding!" Denny raises a protesting hand.
"That's probably the best idea you've had since you suggested I get my tongue pierced... Right, I'm definitely on for this tattoo. Come on, we'll blow this place, find a tattoo joint..."



Jake is completely insanely in love with Trudy!

"You don't complete me, Tru. You make me who I am. You make me better. I'd be nothing without you. Nothing. I've been there once before and I'm never going back. I'm never losing you again."

"...You have me, like no one before. You have me where it counts." Taking my hand, he rests it over his T-shirt, over his heart. "You hold this in the palm of your hand. You are the only woman who has ever had it, and ever will. You own me Tru."


It is loaded with sex and the sex is deliciously HOT!
 

Did he just tear my panties off with his teeth?
Holy fucking hotness!

I can feel the denim of his jeans against my thighs. I love that he hasn't even waited to take them off. He wants me so badly that the longest he can wait is to get it out of his pants.


"I seriously need to get inside you after listening to you get all fiery, talking in angry Spanish like that."
 


And, what is a rock star book without beautiful lyrics?

"Take that chance with me,
I'll let you down, I know,
But I'll fix it too
because everything is you,
Everything is you."

That is all the temptation you get! What more do you need?  It's Jake freaking Wethers!   Wethering the Storm had me laughing, swooning, hot and bothered, and bawling like a baby!  I love these characters so much.  I am thrilled with where they end up!  


TomCat gets his book early in 2014 and I just can't wait to read it!

**Review by Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment