Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Twosome Tuesday: Bang by EK Blair



They say when you take revenge against another you lose a part of your innocence.
But I’m not innocent.
I haven’t been for a very long time.
My innocence was stolen from me. Taken was the life I was supposed to have. The soul I was born with. The ruby heart embedded in a life full of hopes and dreams.

Gone.
Vanished.

I never even had a choice.
I mourn that life. Mourn the what-ifs.
Until now.
I’m ready to take back what was always meant to be mine.

But every plan has a fatal flaw. Sometimes it’s the heart.

**Due to the dark and explicit nature of this book, it is recommended for mature audiences only as some scenes may be particularly disturbing.**












5 - beautiful & tragic f-ed up SMOOCHES

Mind-fuckery at its finest.

Seriously.

This book had me reeling and talking about it FOR DAYS with my BBs (blogging besties).  I've been racking my brain trying to come up with the best way to review this book without giving anything away because anyone who spoils this book is an a$$hole.  You *MUST* experience it without knowledge of what goes on.  Period.

I really, really loved this book .... cliff hanger and all.  Yes, there is a WICKED cliff hanger but it's so worth it not to wait.  Trust me on this.

I loved the book's heroine Nina.  She is scheming up one heck of a payback and while I totally don't get why she's directing it at Bennett, I completely see why she feels the need to blame someone for changing her life so tragically.  Her childhood is HORRIFIC and makes her current state of existence understandable.  She is a survivor, plain and simple.  Yet the transformation she makes gives me so much hope for her and the life I want her to have.

There is so much I want to say about the men (yes MEN) in her life but, again, I don't want to spoil anything.   Pike, Declan, and Bennett are easy to love and just as easy to hate depending on where you are in the book.

*sigh* this is frustrating.

E.K.'s writing is flawless and poetic.  And dirty.  So, dirty.   I think she just might be brilliant.  The story is captivating .... I was engaged from start to finish.  And I have no doubt I will stalk E.K. until the series continues.

This book is not for everyone.  I had to step a bit out of my comfort zone (there is some abuse that is hard to stomach) but I still loved it.  Bang is one ride wild .... one I highly recommend!




4.5- “Life’s cruel, and I’m its bitch.”- Smooches!


Well, hell.  I have put off writing this review for a few weeks now… hoping something brilliant would come to me and I am still as emotionally drained and fudged in the head as I was then.  So, here goes nothin’!

“The heart is a weapon—a self-inflicting weapon—that if not trained properly, can destroy a person.”

Nina, our heroine is all sorts of screwed up.  She has had a shit life and the flashbacks to her past ripped me apart.  I’ve read that some did not connect with her and that is unfortunate because I totally did.  My heart ached for this tortured girl.  She was taught early on to harden her heart, not to feel and she could survive anything
.

The hero…  there isn’t really ONE hero.  There are three guys in Nina’s life, all completely in love with her.  I guess we could call them past, present, and future.  I can’t say too much about these men without giving the story away and this is a book that you do NOT want ruined.  It is interesting to see how they all fit into the web Nina is spinning.


This review is so vague but really it has to be.  All I can say is WOW.   This mind fuck was SO unexpected.  Did you read Ryan and Candace??? That sweet romantic love story.  Well, if you have any preconceived notions about EK’s writing… throw those out of the window now.  This is no fairytale…   Bang is dark and gritty and filled with suspense.  It was twist after jaw dropping twist.  I literally hung my mouth and said WTF?!? more than just a few times.  That ending… just EPIC!!!  I had one hell of a hangover and am DYING to know what happens in the next book.  Yes, it ends in a cliffie and while usually I recommend and hold off on reading a series until all books are out, I wouldn’t advise waiting on Bang.  I think the story is SO freaking good and unforgettable that you won’t need to reread when book two comes out.  


Why 4.5 and not 5 stars?  Agh I debated with this but there is one INSANE act in this book that still is not sitting well with me.  I think had this thing happened with Nina’s past guy rather than her future, I could have accepted it more.  But, it just didn’t fit IMO and left me really grossed out.  Taking out that one crude instance and this would have been a five star for me!  I loved it.  Great job EK!!!!!  I NEED book two… soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment