Tuesday, June 17, 2014

MacKenzie Fire by Elle Casey






Ian MacKenzie's been a cranky pain in the *ss for going on three years now, still bitter over his failed engagement and his life on the ranch. Enter Candice, his sister-in-law Andie's best friend, out for a two-week visit as they await the birth of Ian's first niece.

Candice is a successful business owner, an expert with hair and fashion, determined to look gorgeous even while slipping and sliding all over the Oregon winter ice. Without even trying, she somehow manages to get right up under Ian's skin and make him say and do things he would never normally say or do.

When the two of them end up spending time together, the sparks and the snow flies. The question is whether they're going to do anything about it, and what will happen to the rest of their lives if they do











4 smooches!


MacKenzie Fire is the follow-up to Shine Not Burn which I LOVED LOVED LOVED!!!!  I could not wait for this book and it did not disappoint.  


This is Candice and Ian’s book.  Candice is Andie’s(heroine from SNB) best friend and Ian is Mack’s(hero in SNB) brother.  They first met at the wedding in SNB and are reunited when Candice comes down for the birth of Andie and Mack’s first baby.  She is staying on the ranch which also happens to be Ian’s home and the two have a very tense relationship.  Tense in more ways than one… while they despise one another, they also have a strong sexual attraction.  They run hot and cold.  One minute they are flirting and the next they are arguing or pranking one another.  


The best part is being in Candice’s head.  The girl is hilarious.  Her thoughts kept me giggling through-out.  She is fierce and loyal and a whole lot funny!   The banter between Candice and Ian was a lot of fun.  While Ian starts of as a bit of a PITA he grew on me quick and I loved him as well.


While I wouldn’t say this book was AS funny as Shine Not Burn, it kept me entertained.  It is definitely romantic comedy and while the timeline of events moves really quick… it is fiction and it really didn’t bother me all that much!  I don’t usually care for insta-love but it works for me in both books.  I could easily see them made into movies and on the big screen!  


I recommend these books to everyone!  Sometimes you just need a break from all of the drama and a feel good book to have you laughing out loud!  These books were that for me!  Great follow-up Elle!!!



4 - badassery personified - Smooches

I'm pretty sure I had a stupid grin on my face for most of this book.  Either that or I was laughing.  This book is pure hilarity ... and I really enjoyed it!

Ian and Candice love to hate each other.  Candice can't help but be hot for the gorgeous green-eyed cowboy who's her best friend's brother-in-law.  
No wonder Andie married his brother after knowing him for an hour. These MacKenzie guys are dangerous with their sexy man-voodoo. - Candice
And during a two-week visit to Oregon to visit the said BFF and stay at the MacKenzie ranch, Candice finds herself completely out of her element in more ways than one.  She does her very best to adapt and fit in which brings about more laughs than I can count.

I love Candice.  I want her to be my people.  She's fiercely loyal and crazy funny, especially with her thoughts.  Most of my LOL's happened over her inner dialog.
I totally feel like an FBI agent right now, with my legs spread and my arms out straight, gripping the gun.  I'll bet my butt looks awesome. - Candice
My only *complaint* about the book is that it takes forever for Ian and Candice to finally hook up.  All that angst and tension wore me out, LOL!

If you're a stickler for sense and logic, this book probably isn't for you.   It gets a little hokey at the end but I still enjoyed it.  It's pure entertainment and as long as that is your expectation I have no doubt you will love it!


This book was a TRHOR's group read for the month.  Check out what our member's thought ...

This book is a fun, light, romantic read.  - Beth

The first book in the series, Shine Not Burn, is EXCELLENT!  It was a 5 smooch read for us both!

Shine Not Burn on -->  Amazon




Elle Casey is a full-time writer of New Adult and Young Adult titles in several genres, including romance, urban fantasy, sci-fi dystopian, and action-adventure. She's an American girl who's been living in southern France with her husband and three children since 2010. She loves chatting with her readers, so feel free to drop her a line.

No comments:

Post a Comment