Thursday, January 30, 2014

FALLING INTO GRACE BY ELLIE MEADE

Falling Into Grace
Grace #1
By Ellie Meade










Reviewed by Selene

4 "OH NO SHE DIDN'T" Smooches

I know I created this mess, but I don't have it in me to handle the shit storm I started when I allowed myself to get involved with both of them. - Hannah
I am a fan of the train-wreck books.  Not everyone can see the good in books that are a hot mess ...  I think the beauty of the train wreck is definitely in the eye of the beholder and, well, I found beauty in Falling Into Grace.

When we first meet Hannah Winterfield, she is starting life over as a single mom with twin five year olds Ella and Hunter.  It's been eight months since her world was turned upside down and she is just now coming out of the fog of her loss.  We learn about Hannah's past in flashbacks told via her dreams.  It's a little awkward at first, the jump from past to present, but reliving these events through Hannah's eyes bonded me to her instantly.   I truly felt her pain and heartache.

Hannah is a physician's assistant and is assigned to care for Victoria Grace while she is recovering from surgery.  She is surrounded by her handsome sons in the hospital and Hannah can't help but notice them, especially Grant and Aiden.   For whatever reason, Hannah seems to have the magic touch with Mrs. Grace ... no  one can believe how easily Hannah can influence her and how fond Mrs. Grace is of her.  Hannah does, however, piss Grant off right away and he attempts to get her fired.  Not two hours later, Grant and Hannah are in an elevator together and he feels her up and kisses her.  HUH?  And then she smacks him!  Later that same day, Hannah is swept away by a different Grace brother, Aiden, in the hospital stairwell.  Hannah does NOT smack this one.
Two of the Grace brothers made passes at me today, and I could barely resist either one of them.  What the hell am I going to do?  - Hannah
Well, much to my surprise, you are going to spend the rest of the book volleying between them.  And it is a train wreck I could not turn away from.

As I read Falling Into Grace and especially after I finished and processed, I kept wondering just how I could possibly not be annoyed with Hannah  Frankly, her actions SHOULD make me want to slap.  There's the beauty in Ellie's ability to create a character who remains likable even though her actions are anything but.  Girlfriend does some stupid sh!t with these two brothers and she is in way over her head with the games these two are playing.  Only we don't really know what is going on with these guys .... there is something VERY wrong with the Grace brothers, especially when it comes to women.
I know you fucked my brother. How do you think that makes me feel? I'm fucking the same woman as him again. - Aiden
Again? Huh???  

Oh, red flag!

** Ellie has assured me this will all be revealed in the sequel **

What I loved most about this book is that it kept me guessing all the way to the end .... completely full of "just when I thoughts" .... as in just when I thought I had these boys figured out everything kept changing.  It's almost like the Grace boys have multiple personalities and as an outsider looking in, I didn't even know what to think.  It's kinda hard to fault Hannah when I couldn't figure those boys out either.

The Grace boys are hot, rich, sexy, and each has their own things we love to love .... Grant is a total alpha mixed with a little romantic streak and Aidan is a total sweetheart mixed with a little freaky streak.  Unfortunately, they both have a huge asshole streak.  Poor Hannah.

This is Ellie Meade's first book and she knocked it out of the park.  I think she has so much potential and I'm excited to see what she brings with Letting Go of Grace, book two of the Grace series.

No comments:

Post a Comment