Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Twosome Twosday: Undeniable by Madeline Sheehan

Synopsis:
Warning: This is not a "typical love story". This is an all-consuming, soul-crushing, tear-your-heart-into-pieces story. It’s intense, gritty and raw, dark and disturbing, and it doesn’t happen overnight. This is an epic love story that knows no boundaries and has no time limits. It grows and develops—with hurt, sacrifice, and heartache—over the span of a lifetime.

Eva Fox is the princess of the Silver Demons Motorcycle Club. Growing up with bikers in the club lifestyle is all that she knows. When she’s a young girl, Eva meets the reason for her existence. Deuce West is the sexy, biker bad-ass of the Hell’s Horsemen Motorcycle Club. Like Eva, he was born and raised in the club—but that’s where the similarities end. Their first meeting is innocent, but as Eva matures into a woman, their chance reunions evolve into a fit of lust and love. Fate continues to bring them together time and time again, but their twisted journey is filled with pain, betrayal, and bloodshed that could tear them apart. Eva sees in Deuce what he cannot see in himself—a man worthy of love—and Eva spends her lifetime proving to him that her undeniable love is the one thing he can’t live without.

This is Eva and Deuce’s story.

It wasn’t easy.
Nothing worth doing ever is.
And love is worth everything.



Heather's Review
 5 WTF did I just read smooches!
 

I am SO late to this party, but I am SO glad that I finally read this book!  I have been in a slump… I needed something different and gripping and Undeniable, undeniably gave me just that!

This is not your typical ooey gooey love story.  It is gritty and dirty.  It is shocking and unquestionably morally wrong, but that is the beauty of the literary world.  Anything goes!

Eva is the daughter of a motorcycle club president and has spent her entire life around bikers.  She meets Deuce, the son of another motorcycle club president, while they are both visiting their fathers in jail.  Eva is just 5 years old, but Deuce is a 23 year old man.  A mutual bond forms.  Eva fancies herself in love with Deuce and Deuce is touched by the little girl who listens to Hendrix and Janis, and sports a pair of pigtails and chucks…

It is years before they see each other again… and that becomes the pattern… brief but significant meetings with years in between.  Eva has never gotten over her crush on Deuce and as Eva grows into a beautiful young woman Deuce’s attraction to Eva develops into one of a sexual nature.

Not only is Deuce much older than her and a member of a different club.  He is also not available.

“What the fuck is wrong with me?  What’s she got that I don’t?”
“What’s wrong with you?... You’re not her; that’s what’s wrong with you.  What’s she got that you don’t?  Bitch, she’s got me, and you never fuckin’ did.”

And those are just a few of the issues that Eva and Deuce have standing in their way.  Eva has some baggage of her own. 

I’m sort of dumb-found by how much I LOVED Deuce.  He is a grade-A ASSHOLE!  Seriously the shit he does should have sent my heart running for the hills… not beating out of my chest!  This book is filled with crazy characters that I couldn’t get enough of.  Deuce and Eva’s story is no fairytale but it is theirs and had me enthralled from beginning to end. 

I now get the obsession with Madeline Sheehan!  I am on the bandwagon and have already started book two!  Thank you for an original story that breaks the mold and has broken me out of my slump!  If you are like me and somehow let these books escape you, I highly recommend reading Undeniable!  What a ride!


Selene's Review


4.5 "You feelin' me?" Smooches

Epic.  Love.  Story. 

Epic love story is the perfect way to sum up this book.  Thirty years ... Deuce and Eva's story spans thirty years in Undeniable.  They first meet when Eva is 5 and Deuce is 23.  Their paths cross again when they are 12 and 30 and then again when they are 16 and 34.  Their relationship is cute and innocent at first; Deuce is smitten with the precocious and sweet girl, even protective of her.  When he sees her again when she is 16 things change.  Their attraction is strong and mutual and Deuce struggles with it .... she is only 16, he is married, and her father Preacher is the president of a rival club.    In the end, Preacher teaches Deuce a lesson about messing around with his sixteen year old daughter.  And it ain't pretty.

Two years later, Deuce and Eva meet again.  Eva just finished high school.  She's all grown up and their attraction is stronger than ever.  They decide to act on their feelings for each other and it's almost as if you can feel Eva's fate being cemented.  Deuce is going to be her world.
"You're better than you think," I whispered.  "I didn't realize it when I was little - didn't understand that look in your eyes, why you always looked so sad - but I get it now.  Someone got inside of your head and messed you all up, made up down and left right, so now you think you're shit when you're not even close.  So you need to listen to me when i tell you that you are better than you think.  You're even better than that.  To me, you're the best."  - Eva
Four more years go by and Eva finishes college.  During that time, Deuce never leaves her heart and so she decides to go to him.  And so, Deuce and Eva's journey really begins.

There are ups and downs, fights, infidelity, blackmail, heart-ache, a crazy man, and a lot of ugly.  But there is love ..... oh so much love.  I was really taken aback by Deuce and (1) his love for Eva and (2) his ability to convey his love to her.  I seriously was warm and tingly for more of this book than I expected.
"Anything a man's gotta steal to have he don't deserve.""You didn't steal this," I breathed .... I gave it."His blue eyes glittered with amusement.  "Naive, darlin'," he murmured.  "I stole you a long time ago.  'Round the time you fuckin' stole me."  - Deuce & Eva
I love Madeline's writing style.  This book is told from Eva's point of view and then Madeline would switch to third person when leaving it.  That particular writing approach (third person) has bothered me in other books ... not at all here.
She locked on to his eyes, sucking him in, holding him still, and making him so fucking crazy.  Always making him crazy.
I suppose it was nice getting inside Deuce's head during this time!

It took me forever to write this review.  As I scanned the things I highlighted, I kept reading large chunks of the book over again, LOL!  I totally see myself rereading this book at some point.  It's so good.  I'm excited to move on to the next books in this series.  They focus on other characters from the story.  Two additional books in the series are already out.  The second, Unbeautifully, focuses on Deuce's daughter Danny and her relationship with Ripper, another member of the MC.  Unattainable is the third book in the series and it focuses on Deuces' son Cage.  I can not wait to dive deeper in the Hell's Horsemen Motorcycle Club!

** sigh **  My Motorcycle Club cherry has been popped!  The only bad thing about Madeline Sheehan taking my MC V-Card is that the bar is set really high now.  I feel bad for the MC books that follow.


The Undeniable Series


No comments:

Post a Comment