Tuesday, April 22, 2014

TWOSOME TUESDAY: Play by Kylie Scott



Lick
Stage Dive, #2
Kylie Scott

Synopsis:

Kylie Scott returns with the highly anticipated follow-up to international bestseller Lick.

Mal Ericson, drummer for the world famous rock band Stage Dive, needs to clean up his image fast—at least for a little while. Having a good girl on his arm should do the job just fine. Mal doesn’t plan on this temporary fix becoming permanent, but he didn’t count on finding the one right girl. Anne Rollins never thought she’d ever meet the rock god who plastered her teenage bedroom walls—especially not under these circumstances. Anne has money problems. Big ones. But being paid to play the pretend girlfriend to a wild life-of-the-party drummer couldn’t end well. No matter how hot he is. Or could it?

Purchase Play:

Amazon   | B&N


Reviews:

Heather's Review



5- “Life’s a song… Let’s Play” Smooches!

I LOOOOOOVED Play.  I’ve taken a little while to decide my star rating.  The story was a bit predictable and lacked any surprises, plot twists, and overwhelming emotions.  However I have NEVER smiled so much reading a book.  I swear I had a grin on my face from beginning to end!  Not every story has to be a tear jerker or gut wrenching to be good.  I have decided sometimes you just need a little HAPPY and Play is the perfect antidote!

The two main characters, Mal and Anne meet at a party one night and are immediately drawn to one another.  Mal is extremely taken with Anne and flirts with her mercilessly.  He literally forces his way into her life by moving himself into her apartment while she is away and simply never leaving.  While Mal can be a huge pain in the ass, he is also solving Anne’s money problems by moving in and taking over the much needed room-mate position she has recently found herself needing to fill.
God I hated people who smirked.  Apparently, I also wanted to lick them all over because my mouth started watering.
Did I mention Mal is also sex on a stick??? A girl can put up with a little annoyance for sexy right?
“Whatever you’re imagining, its bigger.”
“I’m not imagining anything.”
“I’m serious. It’s basically a monster. I cannot control it… You’re pretty much going to need a whip and a chair to tame it, Anne.”
Aaaand, he is hilarious! It is his most endearing quality. I’m giggling like a fool reading over my notes!

Who knew Kylie was so funny?  I really enjoyed Lick and I am SO glad that Play did not disappoint.  I think Kylie showed another side of her writing with this one.  Play is fun and silly with just the right amount of substance to keep it interesting.  She even had me tearing up at the end.  Great job Kylie!  I am looking forward to the rest of the Stage Dive novels!

Selene's Review


5 - HOOKER LIPS - SMOOCHES


"Hello, Anne's clitoris.  It's me, Malcolm, your lord and master."

I am so stinkin' in love with Kylie Scott!  She's done something that few authors can do .... follow up an amazing first book of a series with an equally amazing second book.  I honestly can't decide if I love Lick or Play more.  Hmmmmm....

Moving on ...

Play rocked my world!  I am officially a Stage Dive groupie ... with each book, I fall in love with another member of the band.  Play is Mal's (Malcolm) book.  He is the quick-witted, hard rocking drummer with a non-stop, in your face personality.  The night Anne and Mal meet, Anne has just been left high and dry by her roommate.  She's in a bad spot but decides a night out is just what she needs.  She gets way more than she bargained for.  Mal makes her a proposition she can't refuse .... for reasons only known to him, pretend they are a couple.

And so the charade begins ...

Lines are drawn, boundaries are established but, wouldn't you know it, things get complicated somewhere along the way.

"He kissed me sugar sweet until my head spun and my heart pounded." - Anne

Honestly, that's EXACTLY how I feel about this book.  It's just a hunk of book candy that is perfectly sweet, making me feel forever giddy.  Anne and Mal's banter is fun and witty and, seriously, had me smiling from ear to ear for most of the book.

Real life gets in the way of their happily ever after, and Anne and Mal have to decide if what started off as make believe is the real deal.

I let a little bit of time (okay a lot of time, LOL) pass between finishing the book and writing this review.  As I skimmed my highlighted notes to write this, I essentially re-read most of the book ... with just a glance I got sucked back in!  Play is the kind of book you can't help but fall in love with.  Both main characters are engaging and loveable ... especially when they are together.  Mal and Anne get each other .... it's a beautiful thing.

And Play is a beautiful thing.  Can't wait to dive into Lead ... looking forward to Jimmy's turn!

No comments:

Post a Comment