Thursday, December 26, 2013

Always You by Missy Johnson






Synopsis:
I was thrilled when I was offered a graduate teaching position at the prestigious Tennerson Girls Academy. At twenty-three, this would be my first ‘real’ teaching assignment. Working at the elite boarding school, home to the daughters of some of the wealthiest people in the world, was a great opportunity that I would’ve been stupid to pass up.

One week into my new job, and I suddenly had no idea why I chose high school…I was a seventeen year old boy once, I knew how teenage girls behaved.

You can’t even imagine the hell of trying to teach thirty, hormonal driven seventeen year olds who have been cooped up, away from any male contact.

I could handle the whispers every time I entered the room. I could even handle the obvious attempts at gaining my attention. What I couldn’t handle was her…

Rich bitches and way too many rules. Was it any wonder that I hated school?

Add to that the lack of male contact, and I was going insane. Like literally. I wasn’t used to this. A year ago I was normal. I had a boyfriend, friends and a loving family. There is nothing normal about me anymore, and nobody here lets me forget that.

My name is Wrenn, and I’m only here because my aunt took me in after what happened, but my aunt also happens to be the headmistress of this academy…Can you see my problem?

I’m hated for my lack of money, and I’m hated for who my Aunt is.

Then he arrived. Dalton Reed. My new history teacher.

Slowly, he helped me see that even in the worst situations, there is always hope.

Review:
 Reviewed by Heather

4 my heart can't take it... smooches!

There is something about forbidden love that draws me in like a moth to a flame.  Student/teacher romance… yes please!!!  From the first teaser, I knew I couldn’t wait to get my hands on this book!  Always You was very different from what I expected.

You can’t change who you fall in love with, all you can do is be damn thankful you’ve found someone who understands you.

Nobody Understood me like he did.

Wrenn’s character was much deeper than I expected.  I thought she would be the bad girl.  The rebel of the prep school, who seduces her hot young teacher.  She was actually the most mature person in that school.  Being the rebel at Tennerson Girls Academy is not such a bad thing.  Wrenn works hard to keep up the grades she needs for college and tries remain invisible to the other students.  The other female students, who bully her relentlessly.  Then, Dalton takes over for her history teacher, who goes on maternity leave and everything changes.

What I love about Dalton is that he isn’t some pedophile teacher.  Dalton is only a few years older than Wrenn and she is already 18.  I never felt like there was anything wrong with the two of them… apart from his position of authority and that just made it exciting.  Dalton tries to push Wrenn away.  His guilt gets the best of him.  But, his guilt isn’t over the fact that he is her teacher.  He would risk it all for her.

I was hiding something.  Something so potentially life changing, for both of us.  Something she deserved to know.

Way to turn my student/teacher affair into an emotional drama!  Dalton’s secret is a big one.  He is carrying around something that has been eating away at him for most of his life.  Rather than bring Wrenn down with him, he tries to break things off, but their feelings are already too strong and he has to face his demon for himself… and for her.

I hated the way I was feeling.  He made me feel so vulnerable, so open to getting hurt.  I hated that, and right now, I hated him.

Is “I don’t know” an acceptable review?  Bc, I DON’T KNOW how I feel about this…  I am having a love/hate relationship with Always You right now.  I really have not given myself enough time to process it.  This book gave me the angst that I was looking for with some ooey gooey, lovey dovey yumminess that I loved!  It gave me both a hero and heroine that I easily attached to and adored.  And, it gave me a HUGE chunk of lagniappe that I don’t know what to do with.  Dalton’s secret wreaked havoc on my heart and turned me into a pregnant, crying, confused mess!

I am going to go with my usual rating and chalk the confusion up to hormones.  Always You made me FEEL and that is always better than a boring book that does not touch my soul.  I give Always You 4 smooches for a great forbidden romance and for tying me up in knots!  I *think* I still love you Missy Johnson!






Author Bio:

Missy lives in a small town in Central Victoria with her husband, and her confused pets (a dog who think she's a cat, a cat who thinks he's a dog...you get the picture).

When she's not writing, she can usually be found looking for something to read.



Links:


Coming Soon







Giveaway!!

No comments:

Post a Comment