Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Twosome Tuesday: Remember When 3


Synopsis:

"I’d spent too long in limbo.
It was time to put The California Plan back into effect."

~Layla Warren

I’ve been in love with Trip Wiley since I was sixteen years old.
Yep. That Trip Wiley.
Academy award-winning actor, known philanthropist, People’s Sexiest Man Alive two years running…
Yeah.
It’s not like I’m some delusional stalker-fan. It just so happens that he was my high school sweetheart back in 1991.
In the years since, he’s simply been The One That Got Away.
We just can’t seem to get on the same page at the same time.
Our timing may have sucked, but the feelings had already been confirmed. Years ago.
At least his were.
He doesn’t know that I had chosen to love him back.
I need to fix that.
And I need to do it now.


Remember When 3 is the third and final book in the Remember Trilogy.
It’s a story about taking chances and following your heart…
and knowing that sometimes, you just have to learn when to let go.

**Intended for ages 18+ due to some questionable language and graphic sex.**




Purchase Links:


Teasers:













Reviews: 
Remember When 3 is the third book in the Remember When Series.  
See our reviews of books 1 and 2 here.
 
Heather's Review:
5 "You had me at 'the damn birds have gotten huge.'" SMOOCHES!


Every moment had led us here.  Every second of our lives.  Every beat of our hearts.

Remember When 3 was bittersweet for me.  I can’t believe Trip and Layla are over.  But all good things must come to an end… and WHAT an ending it was.  It is no secret how much I love this series… how much I adore T.T.!!!  She did not disappoint!

One of the reasons I love this series SO much is because of how relatable it is.  We can all relate to young love.  To falling for your best friend in high-school and wondering if they feel the same.  To second guessing everything.  And to being afraid to say how you feel in case he doesn’t feel the same. 

My heart broke in RW2 when once again Trip and Layla did not end up together.  I was a sobbing MESS!

So, it made me extremely happy to see them come together in the beginning of RW3.  I have been through enough heart break.  This book for me was about them finally getting it right.

It’s strange how there are people in your life that never seem to leave it.  Those friends that you may not talk to regularly, but whom you still very much consider a part of your life.  You may go months, even years without seeing one another or speaking.  But once you wind up together again, it’s as if not a single day has gone by.

After all of the years that have passed and how much Trip and Layla have hurt each other, their bond is one that can’t be broken.  I truly believe that the real friends that you make in your young life earn a place in your heart that no one else can ever fill.  For Trip and Lay their bond was much, much deeper than just friendship.  Years have passed, but when Trip needs her, Layla drops it all and with her heart on her sleeve, shows up to support her best friend… the love of her life, Trip Wiley.

Suddenly, in that one flash of time, everything had become excruciatingly obvious.  Every choice we’d ever made, every road we’d ever travelled brought us to this place.  Every bad decision, every stupid screwup, every bit of drama.  Every beautiful second together, every miserable hour apart… led us here.
There were no words that needed to be spoken, but I whispered, "I'm so sorry, Trip.  I'm so sorry," and I was apologizing as much for his father's death as I was about ever letting him go.
RW3 is a beautiful story about these two people who have loved each other their entire adult lives finally getting it right.  Seeing them together again gave me butterflies.  It gave me goosies!  Was it all good times?  No, of course not.  They have to work through their issues like any other couple.  

One of my favorite things about Layla and Trip is their sense of humor.  They really are best friends first.  The humor throughout this entire series is great!
"Everything looks bigger on the screen.  Except me.   I'm just as huge in real life.  So's my dick."  Trip
There are so many moments that I found myself cracking up at them both.  The movie references and role plays were perfection.  The ending.. perfection!  I could go on and on but I don't want to spoil this book.  You deserve to experience it as you read it!

After all that we had been through—all the laughs and the heartache and the mistakes—the reality was that we were who we were.  Not perfect.  Just perfect together.

Trip and Layla ARE perfect together.  RW3 was breath-taking.  I literally was blown away.  Thank you T.T. for these beautiful characters, who will forever have a place in my heart.  Well done my friend, WELL DONE!  *smooches*



Selene's Review:


Five "You're my home, Lay-Lay" SMOOCHES



Goodbyes really suck … especially when you aren't ready.

Even though I was chomping at the bit to see how Trip and Layla’s story would end, at the same time, I just didn't want it to happen.  You know the old saying …. All good things must come to an end and, well, T. Torrest's farewell to Terrence C Wilmington III and Layla f-in Warren was PERFECTION.

Sheer perfection to be exact.

I’m going to put it out there …. Remember When 3 was not at all what I was expecting.  When I think of the Trip and Layla from Remember When 1 and 2, I think of angst, miscommunication, insecurity, assumptions, bad timing, up and down, hot and cold, are we / aren't we … basically anything and everything to keep them apart.  From the get-go though, Remember When 3 is about Trip and Layla TOGETHER. 

You got that right.

Together.

As a couple.

‘Bout damn time!

It’s been fourteen years since we first met Trip and Layla in Remember When … roughly five years since Layla packed up her life in New York to go after Trip in California in Remember When 2.  Only she never made it to California.  She made it back home and built a career as a writer while Trip stayed in California and became the Academy Award winning  actor we always knew he’d become since the first pages of Remember When.
A family crisis brings Trip back home to Jersey and straight into Layla’s arms.  No fuss, no muss, Trip and Layla are together.
   
But, you’re mine, Lay.  You always have been.”  His hands moved to cup my face, fixing my eyes to his.  The thing is, though, is that I’m yours.  You own me.  You always did.  This is happening.  And we’re making it work this time.”  - Trip

BOOM!

Not quite what I was expecting but I was only too happy to go with the flow.

Trip and Layla have some tiny ups and downs but nothing too catastrophic …. Trip and Layla do the Academy Awards; Trip and Layla vs. the paparazzi; Layla vs. her ex; and Layla vs. Trip’s whorish past.  But then Layla has a MAJOR showdown that even I didn’t see coming and, because, really, it HAD to happen, Trip and Layla have a big smack down too.  

But their ending …. their ending is the stuff that makes you close your kindle, sigh, and smile.  And then cry.  And then smile again.  And, don’t judge, cry again.

I pulled back, looked right into those gorgeous blue eyes and saw the truth I’d always known: 
“I’m not me without you.”


I’m not saying good-bye to Trip and Layla because (1) I really do hate good-byes and (2) I’m holding out hope that one day, maybe one day, T will circle back around and give us more Trip and Layla …. A girl can dream!  <3




Housewive's Commentary 
Here are some random screenshots from our buddy read of Remember When 3 along with our favorite guest housewife, Brandi with Sugar and Spice Book Reviews.  Please excuse our typos!









No comments:

Post a Comment