Tuesday, February 18, 2014

GIRL IN LOVE BY CAISEY QUINN


Girl in Love
Kylie Ryans #3
by Caisey Quinn









SYNOPSIS

She's living her dream...

Kylie Ryans is the biggest thing to come out of Nashville since, well, since Trace Corbin. With a hit album and a powerful label behind her, she appears to be the girl who has it all.

But appearances can be deceiving.

Fresh out of rehab, Trace Corbin is ready to take on the world. Just not the girl he walked away from. Because if there's one thing he knows for certain, it's that the people you love are the ones who have the power to destroy you.


As their worlds collide, they'll have to make the ultimate choice. Follow their dreams, or give it all up for love.

They say love conquers all, but for Kylie and Trace, it just might wreck everything they've worked for.



TRAILER






EXCERPT 


“I don’t want to be involved in anyone’s game. Not his and not the label’s. That’s how I started out, and I’ve put it behind me. My career is about me. Not about him and not about whatever the label wants to spin us as. He and I are nothing and it’s going to stay that way.”
“He who?” Maude Lowenstein prompted. “If your feelings for him aren’t an issue, then how come you haven’t said his name? He’s not Voltemort, last I checked. Saying his name won’t conjure him out of thin air.”
Kylie resisted the urge to fold her arms and glare at the surprisingly sharp and callous woman in her late sixties. And to storm the hell out. She took a deep breath and shrugged.
“Trace. His name is Trace. And while I fully support his A Hand Up charity-thing, I have no interest in being involved in his benefit concert. I’ll donate a signed guitar or something. But I’m not going to it. I wasn’t even technically invited. We done here?”
She began to scoot out of the booth, but her manager reached out and put a hand on her arm.
“You were invited, Kylie. He’s having a hard time. The venue pulled out because of his rehab stay and so did some of his family-friendly sponsors. The event’s been moved to his property in Macon and his sister called me personally and invited you.”
He’s having a hard time.
The words wrapped around her heart and squeezed. Kylie swallowed and looked up at the ceiling. She sucked in a lungful of air and glanced from her agent to her manager.
“All I have to do is show up?”
The other two people at her table exchanged glances and Chaz cleared his throat.
“Um, not exactly. The label was hoping you and Trace would sing The Other Side of Me. On the tailgate of some truck that’s being donated to his charity.”
Kylie’s eyebrows shot up in surprise. “Why do they want us to sing it at some benefit? I don’t see how that would make any difference to them.”
“We don’t know for sure,” Maude answered. “But if I had to make an educated guess, I’d say they’re playing with the idea of sending you two on tour together. Again.”


Heather's Review
5 "you're always there" smooches

           
It is extremely rare that I find a series that I LOVE all the way from book one to the last and this series tops that list.  Girl With Guitar blew me away.  I loved Kylie and even Trace… at times LOL  I held off on Girl on Tour until Girl In Love released and I am soooo happy I did bc I would have gone nuts waiting for this last book!  The good news is if you haven't read this series yet, you can read them ALL now!

I gave my heart away and he didn’t want it.  Now I can’t find it anywhere.

 In Girl In Love Kylie is crushed.  She is trying so hard to move on with her life after Trace.  She has a “friend with benefits” but can’t become emotionally invested.  In fact, Kylie won’t allow herself to be emotionally connected to anything but her career.  It is the one thing she has control over.  So she works and works… and works.

The irony of it all was so bitter it caused him physical pain.  He’d wanted to be better for her.  Gone to rehab so he could be the kind of man she deserved.  And he’d lost her in the process.

Trace fresh out of rehab goes to see Kylie after no contact in months, and finds her with her “friend.”  He is devastated.  To add salt to the wound, Kylie and Trace are sent on tour together to promote the song that they wrote. 

Having her was like taking a hit of something that took him higher than he’d ever been.  Losing her was what he imagined going cold turkey on heroin might be like.

Both bitter, broken-hearted, and still completely in love with each other the tour is painful.  Once he got over himself and decided to win her back, Trace was relentless, thoughtful, and just a sweetheart.  Kylie thwarted him at every angle.  She was not willing to risk her heart to Trace again.  She barely survived the first heartbreak.
Kily and Trace endure a lot in this series.  The hardest is trying to live and love in the spotlight.  The media plays a HUGE role in their downfalls.  They twist the simplest things into Hollywood gossip.  Will Kylie and Trace ever learn to  truly trust each other and not allow the paparazzi to come between them?  It is hard to watch these two... knowing what is real and what is not and how it looks to the other.  

At times I wanted to shake them and force them to communicate, especially Kylie.  It was so obvious to everyone around how much they still loved and wanted each other but the blinders were in place and not going anywhere.  Girl In Love is ansty and emotional.  Holy sexual tension and hell of frustrating… but I LOVED every second. 



Selene's Review


4.5 - you were worth it to me - SMOOCHES

I'm pretty sure I can count on one hand the number of series I've read that have been fantastic, beginning to end.  This series is one of them.  From Kylie showing up in Nashville with only her guitar, a few dollars and a dream to becoming a huge country star, I was not disappointed by any of the books in the Kylie Ryans series..

Even though Kylie's dreams are coming true, her heartbreak is all-consuming.  She becomes  numb to everything and buries herself in her career.  And this is where Girl In Love picks up ... nine months after Trace walked away.  She's back in Nashville, recording ... trying to hide her broken heart with work.  She's even started fooling around with Steven Blythe (remember the hot, tatted up, country cross-over guy from Girl with Guitar) even though her heart isn't in it.
She should say it.  Should tell him it had been a mistake then, and would be a mistake now.  She didn't love him.  Couldn't love him.  Couldn't love anyone since she didn't have enough of a heart left to love with.
Trace is back.  He's out of rehab and he's ready to be the man Kylie deserves ... the man she's always wanted him to be.   
He looked up into her eyes and gave into the pull he felt.  The one he was constantly fighting.  He was tired of fighting it.  She was made for him.  Everything in his entire life would be wrong without her.
Trace shows up on her doorstep with flowers on her birthday only to find her and Steven hanging out.  Their reunion was short-lived.

Because of the success of the single they recorded before Trace went to rehab, their record label sends them on tour together.  Kylie realizes she just can't take another chance with Trace ... her heart wouldn't survive the heartbreak.  Besides, she has no idea where things stand with Trace and Gretchen .... they keep popping up together and Trace keeps stealing private moments to chat with her.   So to keep Trace at bay, she gets Steven a job as her guitarist on the tour and lets Trace assume they are a couple.   Her BFF Lulu is also along for the ride as Kylie's stylist.  She's got her support system in place to guard and protect her heart from Trace. 

Girl in Love frustrated me.  A lot.  There were times when I loved the angst of them not being together even though they both desperately wanted to be.   And then there were times when I was over it.  Enough already .... just get together!!!!

Kylie is stubborn as all get out.  She fights "the pull" tooth and nail .... the last thing she wants to do is give in to her feelings.  It's only in a drunken moment her defenses are down and she opens her heart.
"I tried so hard to stop but...but I couldn't."  She wrapped her arms around the pillow beneath her and yawned.  He brushed the strands of hair that had fallen over her eyes out of her face.
"Couldn't stop what, Kylie Lou?" 
"Loving you," she breathed ... "I still love you, Trace..."
I have to say, Trace steals this book.  I do not think I could love him any more.  He caught my eye in Girl with Guitar but he stole my heart in Girl in Love (we'll just pretend drunk Trace in Girl on Tour didn't happen).
"I know you still love me, Kylie Lou.  I don't know that I'll ever deserve your love, baby.  But I want to.  I'll spend the rest of my damned life trying to be the kind of man who does."
And even after such grand declarations of love and actions to back it up, they still can't make things work!  *sigh*  

F.R.U.S.T.R.A.T.I.N.G.

In the end though, Caisey gave Trace and Kylie the perfect ending.  I just don't think she could've written it any better.  I loved everything about it .... frustrations and all! <3






No comments:

Post a Comment