Tuesday, February 11, 2014

PROMISCUOUS BY MISSY JOHNSON







When you're a twenty-year-old triple platinum singer you get an image.

Except mine was all wrong. On drugs; pregnant; fucking my manager. 


But I wasn't; it was all lies. I was a good girl.


But now I'm done being the good girl, because it has gotten me nowhere.


I spent the last year in love with a guy who I was paying to fuck me.


A guy who fell in love with someone else.


But now I’m over it. Now it's about me.


If the world thinks I’m a bad girl, then hell, that’s what I’ll be.

I'll show them bad.

Let's find out how promiscuous I can be.





Heather's Review
                          4... ticking... time bomb.. smooches!

Coop had been such a big part of my life for so long.  Much more than he’d ever realized.  For him, I was a client and a friend, but for me, he’d been my only real friend.
Promiscuous is book two in the Tease series.  It is Bethy’s book.  I sort of expected light, fluffy, and sexy book candy.  This book was anything but.  When Coop fell in love with Mia, Beth lost not only her lover but her best friend and the only person she trusted.  She is depressed and self-destructing.  In the midst of her downward spiral, Bethy gets another huge blow. 

What the fuck was so wrong with me that I had no luck whatsoever with men?  Sure, I could find plenty of guys who’d love to fuck me, but a relationship?  It was like I was doomed.
And then Roman enters the picture and seems to be everything Bethy is missing in her life.  He genuinely cares for her… wants to really get to know her.  He wants to be her friend.  Actually, he may already know her... a little too well.  While Beth is a bit creeped out by this, he is the first man to truly affect her since Coop.  She sort of lets that creepy stalker bit slide....

She was a girl in trouble.  A girl who I wanted to help, who I needed to help… The only question was, how much was I willing to risk to save her?
Roman is a man with secrets.  That is apparent early on.  As the story develops those secrets snowball and by the end… well let’s just say that there are a lot of ticking bombs… waiting to go off.  While I wouldn’t say that the ending is a cliff-hanger.  It definitely leaves you anxious for Scandalous. I can’t wait for the fireworks that are sure to go off!




Selene's Review

3.5 
- O Roman, Roman! Wherefore art thou Roman? - SMOOCHES

"She struck me as the kind of girl who would enjoy it, but with her I just couldn't quite tell if all that promiscuity was just an act."

I’m struggling a bit with my review of this book.  I liked so much about it but, in the end, I felt kind of gypped.

I really enjoyed Tease and went into Promiscuous expecting more of the same.  Bad assumption.  This book was nothing like Tease …. it starts off with a horrible thing happening to Beth which completely caught me off guard.

Sucking it up and moving on was my way of not letting him win.
But that didn’t stop the nightmares, or the pain I felt, or that every time I closed my eyes he was what I saw, over me … inside me.

She spirals out of control (understandably so) and finds comfort in an unexpected place, an older man she meets at a club.  His name is Roman and, frankly, we do not get enough of him in this book.  Roman’s meeting her was not by chance though.  He’s been hired by someone to ‘watch’ Beth so he's basically had a front row seat to her self-destructive ways for months.  Once he meets her though, his need to protect and save her overwhelms him so much so he crosses every line to be close to her.

Did I mention we do not get enough of Roman in this book?  I won’t divulge his line of work but let’s just say he keeps it interesting!

As the story progressed though, I got a little overwhelmed with all the different directions it took.  I felt a little like the book was having an identity crisis … not enough to make me not like it but enough to make me wish things were simplified and better developed.

And where’s Coop you ask?  He puts in a small appearance or two but I have a feeling we’ll be seeing more of him in Scandalous … or maybe I’m just hoping!


The sneak peek of the first chapter of Scandalous (book 3 in the series) at the end of Promiscuous got me hyped about the next installment.  Had it not been there, this review might be a bit different.





I was beginning to realize what this was: he wanted more of the party girl. He was here to see the Beth who stayed out all night drinking, and kissing random girls and making out with handsome men.

Not me. Well, not the real me, anyway.

I slipped a finger through the tie of my robe, letting it fall open. I arched my shoulders, letting the material float down my shoulders. Goosebumps hit my arms as I stood there confidently. Inside, I was a screaming mess.

What the hell am I doing? What if he touched me? What if I freaked out?

Sure, I'd had plenty of sex since the rape, but none sober. I hadn't let anyone touch me without being completely smashed first.

He stared at me for a moment, his eyes wandering over my curves as time seemed to freeze. I couldn't read his expression, but the longer he stood there, watching me, the more I began to panic. Without saying a thing, he bent down and retrieved the robe, threading my arms back
into it.

"I'm not here to fuck you, Beth." He spoke softly, his hands running over the soft silk of my robe, down my arms to my fingers. I jumped back, both relieved and confused.

Well, this is embarrassing.









Missy lives in a small town in Central Victoria with her husband, and her confused pets (a dog who think she's a cat, a cat who thinks he's a dog...you get the picture).

When she's not writing, she can usually be found looking for something to read.












No comments:

Post a Comment